how to keep chard fresh
Keep your chard in its NutraPonics packaging in your refrigerator crisper. It will last fourteen days or more!
squirrel got your package?!? try this!
1. Wrap unwashed chard in dry paper towel and place in a resealable bag (the paper towel will absorb any excess water).
2. Tightly seal the bag with almost no air.
3. Store it in a refrigerator crisper. It should last fourteen days or more!
Sauteed swiss chard
with NutraPonics Swiss chard
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1 bunch NutraPonics Swiss chard, with both the stems and the center ribs coarsely chopped together
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- salt to taste
- Melt butter and olive oil together in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Stir in the garlic and onion, and cook for 30 seconds until fragrant.
- Add the white wine and simmer for about 5 minutes.
- Stir in the chard and cook until wilted.
- Finally, stir in lemon juice and Parmesan cheese; season to taste with salt to taste.