How to keep Spinach fresh
Keep your spinach in its NutraPonics packaging in your refrigerator crisper. It will last fourteen days or more!
Squirrel got your package?!? Try this!
1. Wrap unwashed spinach in dry paper towel and place in a resealable bag (the paper towel will absorb any excess water).
2. Tightly seal the bag with some air inside.
3. Store it in a refrigerator crisper. It should last fourteen days or more!
with NutraPonics Spinach
1 tsp olive oil
2 green onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
2 tbsp dill, chopped
2 packs NutraPonics spinach, chopped
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
6 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed and covered with a damp cloth
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender, roughly 5 minutes.
- Combine milk, cornstarch, and oregano in a small bowl. Pour mixture into saucepan and stir until thickens and boils.
- Add spinach and feta to the saucepan. Mix in egg. Stirring constantly, bring to a quick simmer. Remove from heat and cool mixture.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in prepared baking pan, and brush lightly with olive oil. Repeat with 2 more phyllo sheets. The sheets will overlap the pan. Spread spinach and cheese mixture into pan and fold overhanging dough over filling. Brush with oil, then layer remaining 3 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with oil. Tuck overhanging dough into pan to seal filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve while hot.