with NutraPonics Spinach
1 tsp olive oil
2 green onions, sliced
3 garlic cloves, minced
¾ cup milk
1 tbsp corn starch
1 tsp dried oregano, crumbled
2 tbsp dill, chopped
2 packs NutraPonics spinach, chopped
¼ cup feta cheese, crumbled
1 egg, beaten
6 sheets phyllo pastry, thawed and covered with a damp cloth
- Preheat oven to 350°F, and spray a 9-inch baking dish with olive oil.
- Heat oil in a medium sauce pan over medium heat. Add onions and garlic and sauté until tender, roughly 5 minutes.
- Combine milk, cornstarch, and oregano in a small bowl. Pour mixture into saucepan and stir until thickens and boils.
- Add spinach and feta to the saucepan. Mix in egg. Stirring constantly, bring to a quick simmer. Remove from heat and cool mixture.
- Lay 1 sheet of phyllo dough in prepared baking pan, and brush lightly with olive oil. Repeat with 2 more phyllo sheets. The sheets will overlap the pan. Spread spinach and cheese mixture into pan and fold overhanging dough over filling. Brush with oil, then layer remaining 3 sheets of phyllo dough, brushing each with oil. Tuck overhanging dough into pan to seal filling.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 to 40 minutes, until golden brown. Cut into squares and serve while hot.