This position is supported by the Federal Canada Summer Jobs Grant, and all applicants must meet the following criteria:
- must be a student under the age of 30, and eligible to work in Canada
- must be a full-time student returning to full-time studies in September
NutraPonics is an indoor vertical aquaponic farm that is looking for a highly motivated and organized person to join our team as a summer student. The successful applicant will work closely with the Research and Farm staff to support daily production operations and conduct agricultural research.
Tasks include but are not limited to production work, R&D efforts in the indoor farming space, and general aquaculture techniques. The successful candidate will obtain skills in working in indoor farming environments with a specialty in aquaponic systems. This includes plant seeding, transferring & harvesting, water testing, ecosystem management, training on research methodology, and experimental design.
- Current enrollment in a biological field of study in a post-secondary institution is an asset
- Passion for sustainable urban agricultural efforts
- Looking for individuals who have experience in composting technologies
- Self-starting, highly motivated, and efficient individual
- Strong organization and communication skills
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects and tasks
- Technologically literate
- Experience in an agricultural setting is an asset
This position is 40 hours a week for 10 weeks beginning in mid-May.
To apply, please send your cover letter and resume referencing this job posting to firstname.lastname@example.org. At this time, only candidates who are full-time students under the age of 30 and returning to full-time studies in September will be considered. We thank all who apply, only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interviews.
- How many years of horticulture experience do you have?
- Do you have the following license or certification: Class 5?